In 1959, Swiss expatriate and fellow Monterey Peninsula racer Jean-Pierre
Kunstle created the "Ferrotus", an unusual combination of Lotus Mk.15
FPF 1102 powered by the 2-liter Ferrari 4-cylinder engine from Jack
Nethercutt's Ferrari 500TRC
#0708. Parsons bought the car from Kunstle and raced it
with some success in 1960-61. This shot shows Parsons during the
first S.F. Examiner-sponsored "Pacific Grand Prix" on October 22-23, 1960.